- Weekly funding alerts for distribution to campus. (Sign up here: http://go.umd.edu/fundingalert)
- Customized strategy sessions with faculty to start, revitalize or diversify funding streams. (contact us for a strategy session here: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Identify major funding opportunities; build teams and cultivate strategies for success.
- Four different faculty incentive funding programs. (Details on the four programs here: https://research.umd.edu/development/faculty-incentive)
- Administer limited submissions process to identify university nominees for limited solicitations.
- Proposal library of funded submissions (multiple agencies & mechanisms, & foundations)
- Host workshops and seminars on programs (ex: NSF STC) of high interest and demand.
- Prepare faculty for site visits·
- Catalyze formation and development of cross-campus research initiatives
- Community of interest development.
- Funding strategies and external partners.
- Visibility, communications & impact.
- Business plans and paths to financial independence.
- Host a suite of proposal development manager resources.
- Provide ad-hoc graphics and editing resources for submissions
Outreach & Engagement
- Facilitate visits from federal agencies and the private sector to UMD
- Arrange briefings and meetings for faculty with program officers and private sector officials
- Manage campus-wide strategic partnerships, including:
National Institute of Standards & Technology
Army Research Lab,