Brain & Behavior Institute - Advanced Genomic Technologies Core
3229 Bioscience Research Bldg. #413,
4066 Campus Drive, College Park, MD 20742
The Advanced Genomic Technologies Core at the Brain & Behavior Institute (BBI-AGTC) is a full-service sequencing facility serving the University of Maryland community as well as external users. Its goal is to make state-of-the-art genomic technologies accessible to researchers at a reasonable cost.
Hours of Operation
Weekdays, 10 AM to 6 PM, except UMD-observed holidays
Services and Technologies Offered
- DNA and RNA qualitative and quantitative analysis
- High-throughput sequencing - up to 400M paired-end 150 bp reads per run
- Whole genome library preparation and sequencing
- RNA library preparation - including stranded RNA prep with rRNA depletion
- Single-cell expression profiling
- Illumina NextSeq 1000 - for high-throughput sequencing applications requiring up to 150 bp paired-end reads
- Access to Illumina MiSeq - for lower-throughput sequencing applications requiring longer reads (up to 2 x 300 bp)
- 10X Genomics Chromium Controller - quickly performs single cell partitioning and barcoding using advanced microfluidics
- Eppendorf epMotion 5075tc - an automated liquid handling workstation specifically tailored to NGS library preparation
- Roche LightCycler 96 - mid-size, mid-throughput real-time PCR solution for highly accurate library quantification
- Agilent TapeStation 4150 - automated electrophoresis platform for quick analysis of nucleic acids
- Covaris SureSelect S2 - High Performance Ultrasonicator for DNA shearing
For more information and service quotations, please visit the Advanced Genomic Technologies Core.
Dr. Najib El-Sayed, Director, and April Hussey, MS, Manager
3229 Bioscience Research Building
Contact Dr. El-Sayed for sequencing consultations and experimental advice; Contact April for all other inquiries.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org