Biomolecular Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Facility
Biomolecular Science Building, #296, room 1105
The facility provides high field NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) instrumentation to support the UMCP research community through measurements of biomolecules, macromolecules and systems of biological interest. The facility provides advanced training opportunities for students and acts as a hub for interdisciplinary collaborations. The facility also provides NMR analysis services for internal and external users.
Hours of Operation
24 hours; 7 days a week
Services and Technologies Offered
- We provide state-of-the-art high field NMR instrumentation for structure determination and dynamic studies of biochemical, biological and macromolecular systems.
- We provide advanced instruction and workshops on high-field NMR measurements and data interpretation.
- We offer consulting services on sample isotope labeling, sampling methods, and multi-dimensional NMR methods including various 2D and 3D experiments.
- We offer analytical services to characterize chemical structures and reactions, intermolecular interactions, physical properties such as diffusion constant and affinity.
- The facility can analyze a wide range of samples by NMR, from small organic molecules, polymers that require high temperature NMR analysis, to macromoleculars such as proteins and nucleic acids.
- Bruker AVIII 600 MHz NMR spectrometer equipped with a Cryo-TCI probe
- Bruker AVIII 600 MHz NMR spectrometer equipped with a TXI probe
- Bruker AVIII-HD 800 MHz NMR spectrometer equipped with a Cryo-QCI probe
- 800MHz spectrometer: $8/hour for internal users, $60/h for external users
- 600 MHz spectrometers: $3.5/hour, minimum booking time 24 hours, $ 40/h for external users