The VPR's Proposal Development and Management service aims to facilitate and execute the scientific and administrative development of complex, visible, and signature research proposals from ideation to submission.
Our Proposal Development Managers (PDMs) are scientifically trained with knowledge of a diversity of federal, state, and private funding agencies. In their duties PDMs work closely with PIs and relevant stakeholders in tasks including:
- Process coordination;
- Writing and editing;
- Conceptualizing plans for non-scientific sections (e.g., management, training, data sharing, broader impacts, education, outreach)
- Conducting select outreach to external stakeholders, team members, and sponsors; and
- Providing specialized services to enhance the competitiveness of the submission.
Funding opportunities eligible for PDM support include:
- Large-scale, multi-disciplinary research projects and center-level proposals (generally greater than $1M/yr depending on the discipline)
- Applications that embody and further the University’s land grant mission
- Applications to foundation, corporate, and government sponsors with which the University of Maryland desires to create or enhance long-term, strategic research partnerships