The VPR's Proposal Development and Management service aims to facilitate the scientific and administrative development and enhance the competitiveness of complex, visible, and signature research proposals from ideation to submission.
Our Proposal Development Managers (PDMs) are scientifically trained with knowledge of a diversity of federal, state, and private funding agencies. In their duties PDMs work closely with PIs and relevant stakeholders in tasks including:
- Refining a competitive strategy;
- Conducting select outreach to external stakeholders, team members, and sponsors;
- Planning, drafting, and editing proposal content;
- Reviewing all proposal components for quality, competitiveness, and responsiveness;
- Coordinating Red Team Reviews;
- Facilitating graphics development and refinement through our Data Visualization and Multimedia Design Services; and
- Coordinating overall proposal development process and timeline.
Funding opportunities eligible for PDM support include:
- Large-scale, multi-disciplinary, center-level research projects;
- Opportunities from government, foundation, and corporate sponsors that are likely to create or enhance long-term, strategic research partnerships;
- Signature research opportunities that would be defining for the unit (University, College/School, Center, or Department);
- Applications that embody and further the University’s land grant mission;
- Proposals receiving support from Maryland Catalyst Fund Big Opportunity Funds
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org