COI Committee: Performs Advanced Review
- Appointed members of UMD community responsible for performing an advanced review of COI disclosures.
- Committee assists in the development of COI management plans; review plans; ensure compliance with policies, and makes recommendations to the President.
- University President is the “approving” authority in this process.
Per University of Maryland Policy, the COI Committee shall have at least nine voting members:
- Seven faculty members appointed by the President:
- One of whom shall be appointed by the President to Chair the COI Committee;
- Associate Director of UM Ventures and
- Assistant Vice President, Office of Research Administration.
- Additional members may include individuals with relevant expertise affiliated or unaffiliated with the University.