The UM-IBBR Sequencing Core provides the research community at the University of Maryland (as well as off-campus customers) with access to 'Next Generation' sequencing. We feature an Illumina HiSeq1000 instrument, which can generate up to 500 million clusters, or a billion paired-end reads per run.
Hours of Operation
Services and Technologies Offered
- DNA sequencing (DNA-seq)
- Transcriptome analysis (RNA-seq)
- Information about the Illumina technology and capabilities can be viewed at www.illumina.com.
- Illumina HiSeq1500 and cBot Cluster Generation System
- Covaris SureSelect S2– High Performance Ultrasonicator for DNA shearing
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer – for sizing, quantification and quality control of DNA, RNA, proteins and cells
- Roche LightCycler 480 Real-Time PCR System
- Illumina Tier 1 Compute and Storage (60 Tbytes) System – Optimized HPC server for large scale genomic data processing, primary analysis and data distribution.