Proteomics Core Facility
Proteomice Core Facility,
Biology Psychology Building,
College Park, MD 20742
The mission of the Proteomics Core Facility is to enhance research in life sciences by bringing high-end instrumentation and expertise in proteomics research. The Facility is equipped with state-of-art LTQ Orbitrap XL mass spectrometer that’s interfaced to a 2D nano HPLC system to provide the best sensitivity and accuracy for protein and peptide analysis. A full suite of software packages are maintained up-to-date to provide informatics support. The Facility provides service and collaboration to the entire research community with priority given to College of Computer, Mathematics, and Natural Sciences Faculty. While the main focus of the Facility is proteomics analysis, the equipment and personal is capable of performing analysis for most biomolecules.
The Facility Director, Dr. Yan Wang, has over 15 years of experience working with a variety of mass spectrometry systems, focusing on proteomics. Dr. Wang attends national conferences yearly to stay up-to-date with current research and technology, and to present work going on in the Facility for discussion with peers.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday; 9 AM to 4 PM
Appointment preferred, walk in accommodated with best effort.
Services and Technologies Offered
- LCMS analysis of intact proteins
- LCMSMS analysis of proteolysis products, data base searching, data interpretation
- Peptide fractionation of samples with high complexity
- Characterization of protein post-translational modifications
- Consultation in experimental design and sample preparation
- Support for grant preparation
- Thermo Electron LTQ Orbitrap XL mass spectrometer with ETD
- Shimadzu 2D nano HPLC system (only to be used with the mass spectrometer)
- Agilent 3100 OFFGEL fractionator (solution phase isoelectric focusing)
- Proteomics Bioinformatics workstations, software packages include Proteome Discoverer, Scaffold, Sieve, Mascot Server, and Prosight PC. All packages are updated to the newest release and will be updated when new releases become available.